I get asked this question regularly, Is this really a good time to purchase a home for sale in Johnson County? The answer I give them is – of course! If you are ready, want to take advantage of the low prices and low interest rates – then is is a great time to buy a home in Overland Park! Today coupled with the low prices & the incredible interest rates – you can get more home for the money now than in a long time! Whether you are a first time buyer, considering to move up for more space, down size now – that you’re an empty nester or been out of the loop of the real estate market in Johnson County, here are a few important factors to consider!
- Location: We always here the old verbiage – Location Location Location! It does mean so much!! You can always make a change to the interior & exterior of your home – but you can’t move the house to a new location! Is it inside the subdivision or along the edge? what’s around the home? Proximity to amenities?
- Curb Appeal: Does the outside of the home entice you to come inside and call it home? Does it reflect your lifestyle?
- Size and Floorplan: We all want the most amount of home for the money. But you need to consider, where do you spend the most time? Does it fit your needs? Do you like all the bedrooms upstairs away from the family activities? Do you enjoy using the outdoors as extra living space? Or is a finish basement really helpful? Put together a needs and want list. It’s a great place to start to help you begin to pinpoint the important features to you!
- Windows and Lighting: We all love “letting in the sunshine”. It actually makes the home feel larger. Look at each room – how many windows are there? Do you like the placement of the windows? Is there plenty of wall space for furniture.
- Closets: Is there enough room for your needs?
- Kitchen: It’s one of the most important rooms of the home! Everyone wants an awesome kitchen! Awesome is different to everyone! Consider the space and updating that is there!
- Special touches: We all know that details and key features of a home is what helps makes it special. So look to see if there is something that stands out! Decorating to your taste can make a home special. Just remember every home can use a little change – updating, touch up – becaiuse it’s an ongoing process. But that is one of the special things that makes a house a home! Your touch & personality!
Hopefully these tips will help you get started! Let us know if we can help educate you on the homes for sale in Johnson County and find that dream home!